Tuesday, January 13, 2009

'licensed interior designer'

when i hear this, giddiness and envy wash over me.

one, because i have always wanted to be called as such (and i know it's gonna happen soon). and two, i see so much of myself planning spaces, doing makeovers and the like, but then again i am just starting.

i have collected piles of interior magazine over the years. every night, i would pore over classy, comfy and stylish space designs featured in there and after an hour or two, i would sulk feeling a bit frustrated. i have always been fascinated with space planning, interior design and decorating. i feel that inside me. it's here (*puts right hand over chest*). yeah. i want to design by heart. it's the love that gets me going. and my passion for this always kicks in everytime i see furniture pieces. my heart goes 'throbby' and 'jumpy'. it is compared to seeing your crush in high school when you go fidgety, and the heart inside there seemingly wants to break out of your chest 'cause of heavy throbbing.

i've got the knack for interior decorating, color combination and home styling. friends sometimes mistake me for being the domesticated one when they see me in home improvement stores carefully choosing furniture pieces and home accessories. but the truth is, i just love decorating. though i both love cooking and decorating, i see myself more of an interior designer by profession. i can always put my skill in culinary arts to work once i have put up my own restaurant (if God permits) someday. well, i have got a lot of plans in my head; a lot of things on my mind, actually.

sometimes i feel i have been 'biting off more than i can chew.' but then again, determined to finish what i have started, i am dauntless and driven.

in fact, i have figured out a way of putting my writing skill and degree in journalism to use. after mba and interior design, i still want to work freelance, or even as a regular writer, for the Inquirer, if time would be on my side. It would always be fun to write for the home and entertaining section. seems interesting, right? journ and interior design being put together. Or, if opportunity would allow it, maybe i can have my own column (hehe!). And still, i can always dream of becoming a J.K Rowling of Harry Potter and then write my first fiction. Too much of a dream, i guess. but if it is possible, why not?

practicing interior design as a profession and teaching the same course could very well be a great combination for a successful career. it's gonna make me too busy of a person, but it would always be exciting and challenging. i can always pass time when no projects are at work, right?

whew! what a lofty dream. but i won't stop till i succeed on this. believe me, it's gonna be an uphill climb, but i am gonna give my best shot on this, in the name of success, dream career and interior design.

No comments: