Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Jam for Jamillah

do you still remember Jamillah of Pinoy Big Brother? well, that is if you are a Kapamilya. She belonged to the batch where Kim Chiu was.

Jam is my schoolmate at PSID. She was one of the earliest people to arrive on the first day of school, me included. she was seated beside me on a bench on that morning. but not knowing who was her, i never attempted engaging in a small talk.

but maybe she was as excited as i was, so she did ask me if i belong to the elements and principles of design class. here's how it went:

jam: first term mo?
me: yup. ikaw?
jam: first term din. may elements and principles of design ka?
me: yeah. kaw din?
jam: oo. so, four subjects ka din?
me: no. 2 subjects lang.
jam: ay, bakit?!
me: may MBA din kse aq e, sabay.
jam: ah. graduate ka na?
me: uh-huh. kaw undergrad?
jam: oo, considered. tumigil aq e, 2 years ago. anung name mo?
me: Cris. and u?
jam: jam
me: j-a-m?
jam: yeah. jamillah
me: nice meeting you
jam: (smiles)

i looked at my watch and then got up to check our room. then at 8 or 9 a.m. the orientation proceeded. jamillah was also there. we just nodded at each other when i came in.

after that, she was transferred to the afternoon class. and the next time i met her was this morning. she was talking to a girl who talks with the same kind of english (taglish). we acknowledged each other with smiles. and since they were both in front of me, i have been hearing what they were talking about. they discussed freehand drawing, i think. then, it segued to another topic which is travel time to school and mommyhood. then she mentioned about Kim Chiu, her batchmate in PBB. that was then i was reminded of her name.

i don't really know her. i mean, i am a Kapuso, you see? being an `inquirer,' i don't switch to another channel when it comes to news. so, obviously, i am not familiar of the other network's shows. but i remember a girl with a kid named Jamillah who was on PBB before. it was mentioned by my younger sister, i think.

so, that was it. jamillah is cute by the way. she is a petite almost morena-skinned girl. though from how she looks, she really does seem like a mom.

wala lang, share ko lang. hehe.



No comments: