Sunday, September 13, 2009

power hour

i don't exactly believe in superstition or even in feng shui. but i finally discovered my power hour. maybe this is what taking a lot of online quizzes does to you. nevertheless, it was a good thing. it helped me set the time when to get productive, which means writing stories during the time i feel most energized, inspired and creative.

it was a bit funny, though. about the same day last week, i found myself dozing off in my chair while reading a story. i had stopped drinking coffee last year when i started noticing heart palpitations after drinking iced tea. i suspected it had something to do with taking a drink with a lot of caffeine, so i stopped drinking coffee as well.

but last week, i had no choice but to take a cup to stay awake at work. i put a lot of water in it to avoid palpitation again and the thing i noticed, my muse kicked in.

after drinking half of it, i found my imagination in a high gear. so i had to put it down on paper, i mean on my computer. so since then, i started working on my manuscripts again, making sure i start writing at around 5 in the afternoon till 10 in the evening.

and the good news is, it's working.

i once took an online quiz from one of the websites offering different kind of quizzes, which was entitled, `what is your power hour?'

i could no longer remember what the result was, but now i remember it so well, ever since i have discovered mine.

now, i can say my power hour starts at 5 in the afternoon till 10 in the evening.

what about you? do you have your power hour? maybe it's time to discover yours, too, and make it your cue to get productive each time you feel your creative side kick in.

good luck! :)

No comments: