Friday, September 18, 2009

i'm outta here

i'm outta here by 2012. and looking ahead into the future, i ask myself what option to take in case my friend and i won't be able to put up the business we want by 2013.

trying my luck in Singapore as an interior designer crosses my mind sometimes. but the question lies in my ability to stay away from my family for long periods of time.

i am on the process of finalizing my first business venture, just a small one, just right for somebody who is starting out. but a lot of other things can happen, though.

last week, i had a hard time deciding on what business to take on. with the help of a tool from a business site online, i was able to pick out 3 of the most viable business plans.

since i am passionate about design, i decided to choose three that are design-related. one is putting up a t-shirt design shop or store; second is a soft-furnishing company that doubles as an interior design firm; and third is a rental apartments or complex with interiors designed by me.

the last one requires at least P2 million in capital. but i opted for a million or even half to have a 10- or 5-door apartment. on the other hand, the t-shirt design shop requires a much lower startup capital. i can always start with P20,000 and tap the Internet for an online shop.

The second one might need about P300 thousand in startup capital. however, going with the second business plan would be a problem, with me still in interior design school. if i am going to push through with it, i have to wait till 2012.

so, last night, i decided to finalize everything, finish with my research and come up with the t-shirt design business plan sooner.

Christmas is just around the corner and it might be a good opportunity to test the market this coming December, not to mention the availability of funds during yearends.

i have initially thought of putting up a laundry shop but i realized it has nothing to do with my passion in design. i have thought of putting up a pharmacy in the province as well, but the required capital is too high for me. having a franchise of the popular rice in a box is more affordable at P300 thousand in startup capital, but this would mean i have to give up my present day job. it was a requirement for a franchisee to work full-time as was written in their site, so i have to cancel this as well. but i would still pursue this plan after resigning from my job in 2012.

so there. final decision is to have a t-shirt design shop and then work my way around it as a first-time entrepreneur.

i know. it won't be easy. but if others can, why can't i?

i know i can do the same :)

No comments: